Shell GO+ Home Improvement ContestOFFICIAL RULES
Open to residents of Canada ONLY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Shell GO+ Home Improvement Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Shell Canada Products (the “Sponsor”). LoyaltyOne, Co. is in no way connected to the management of this Contest. The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 01, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on April 08, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). Commencing on April 01, 2021, a promotional email (“Promotional Email”) inviting individuals to enter the Contest will be sent to existing SHELL GO+ Members who have opted-in to receive promotional communications from the Sponsor.
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, an entrant must (a) be a legal resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority at time of entry in the province or territory in which he/she resides, (b) be a SHELL GO+ Member at the onset of the Contest, (c) have a valid AIR MILES Collector Number and (d) not be an employee of the Sponsor or its affiliated legal entities or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, the independent contest organization, or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: During the Contest Period, click on the link found inside the Promotional Email received from the Sponsor to be directed to the website (the “Contest Website”). Complete the entry form (the “Entry Form”) with your full name, daytime telephone number (including area code) and a valid email address. Next, click the “Submit” button” and you will receive one (1) entry (the “Entry”) into the Contest. Entries must be received on or before 11:59:59 PM ET on April 08, 2021 (the “Contest Closing Date”). Limit of one (1) Entry form per AIR MILES Collector Number during the Contest Period. Entrants can also get up to an additional five (5) Entries into the Contest for every home improvement trivia question answered correctly at time of entry. There is a maximum of six (6) Entries per Entrant during the Contest Period. You may only use one (1) email address to enter the Contest.
- PRIZES: There are a total of three (3) Prizes available to be won (each a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”), each consisting of a private online 40-minute virtual design consultation (each a “Virtual Design Consultation”) with Mr. Arren Williams on April 26, 2021 and one (1) $3,000.00 (CDN) Mastercard prepaid card (subject to applicable details, terms, and restrictions). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $6,000.00 (CDN). PLEASE NOTE: Winners must be available on April 26, 2021 to participate in the Virtual Design Consultation or this portion of the Prize will be forfeited. The Virtual Design Consultation will be in English. The time of each Virtual Design Consultation will be determined and coordinated by the Sponsor with each Winner in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Without limiting the generality of any other terms set out in these Official Rules, the following general conditions apply to each Prize: (i) By accepting a Prize, each winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Releasees (as defined below) for any reason whatsoever including if a Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part; and (ii) Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution, are not transferable, not for resale and have no cash surrender value. The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of a Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute a Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a Prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, without advanced notice and liability. A maximum of three (3) Prizes will be awarded. Limit of one (1) Prize per person during the Contest Period.
- PRIZE DRAW: A random draw will be held on April 12, 2021 (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 10:00 AM ET in Oakville, ON, from among all eligible Entries received by the Contest Closing Date. Odds of being selected for a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received by the Contest Closing Date. The selected entrants will be contacted by email within two (2) business days of the Draw Date. If the selected entrant: (a) cannot be reached by email within two (2) business days of being contacted; (b) fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question (see Rule 5); (c) fails to complete the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see Rule 5); or, (d) is unable or unwilling to accept a Prize as awarded in full, for any reason, then the selected entrant will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by email with a selected entrant or there are no more eligible entries, or a selected entrant cannot be confirmed by April 23, 2021, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant. Each selected entrant is subject to verification of eligibility by the Sponsor and compliance with the Official Rules before receiving the Prize, and the Sponsor’s decisions in this regard are final and binding.
- CONFIRMATION OF WINNERS: In order to be confirmed a Winner, the selected entrant must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to complete a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”) confirming compliance with the Official Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Sponsor, its dealers, agents, affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, LoyaltyOne, Co., the independent contest organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with a Prize or this Contest. Release Forms must be completed and submitted within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize may be forfeited. Upon receipt and verification, Prizes will be coordinated with the confirmed Winners by the Sponsor.
- GENERAL: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the Official Rules and all decisions of the independent contest organization with respect to any aspect of the Contest. Decisions made by the independent contest organization are final.
- No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. By entering the Contest, each winner consents to the use of his/her name and address (city and province/territory), voice, photograph and/or likeness without further remuneration, in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed throughout the world in perpetuity, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in connection with this Contest.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- The Sponsor, LoyaltyOne, Co., and the independent contest organization accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or acceptance of a Prize. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, falsified or destroyed entries and all such entries are void. Entries that have been falsified, tampered with or altered are void. The Sponsor, LoyaltyOne, Co., and the independent contest organization will not be liable for any failure of the Contest Website, do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry material/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified. The use of an invalid email address will disqualify the Entry. Users spamming the same email address will disqualify the Entry. Users using an automated script or program to send to a friend will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry name change. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the contest server machine(s).
- The Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in the province of Québec to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie to cancel the Contest and conduct a draw from all previously received eligible entries. The Sponsor and the independent contest organization shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
- For Québec residents only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- The Sponsor respects an entrant’s right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by the Sponsor to administer the Contest and, only if consent is given at the time of entry, to provide the entrants with information regarding upcoming promotions and/or events from the Sponsor. If entrants provide consent when entering the Contest, entrants consent to the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information as set out in the Sponsor’s privacy statement, which is available at: https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/privacy.html
®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.